Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode

From: wilnerthomas
Subject: Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:48:19 +0200 (CEST)

Aug 25, 2022, 06:31 by eliz@gnu.org:

>> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 05:42:58 +0000
>> From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Assuming you are right.

I have done

     (setq display-fill-column-indicator t)

     (setq display-fill-column-indicator-character ?\u2503)

     (set-face-foreground 'fill-column-indicator "green")

     (global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode)

Have also done

    (global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode)

    (setq display-fill-column-indicator t)

    (setq display-fill-column-indicator-character ?\u2503)

     (set-face-foreground 'fill-column-indicator "green")

The two attempts did not change the indicator colour.

> With the customize interface, you just type the character, for example
> using "C-x 8 RET" followed by the character's codepoint in hex.
>
>> Refusing to follow any accessible criteria is also a disservice to
>> many users.
>>

> I didn't refuse anything.

Accepting you are right about this one as well.  Have you seen how the
indicator
character looks like on a dark theme like modus-vivendi?