Re: [historical remarks]

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: [historical remarks]
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 19:10:13 +0200

uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> writes:

> [...]

I drop by to ask a question about this: what are the differences between
cdlatex-mode and org-cdlatex-mode? I am preparing to write my thesis and
I'm setting up AUCTeX, and I resolved to use org-cdlatex-mode for 2
reasons:

1. I'm trying to have a consistent interface between LaTeX and Org, so
to have a "learn once, use twice" experience (and in the future to think
about the possibility of using Org for my documents)
2. I configured AUCTeX to convert `$` to `\(\)`, for inline math. Using
cdlatex-mode hijacks the keybinding and inserts `$$`, while org-cdlatex
doesn't.

So, are there differences, especially ones that make you use
cdlatex-mode over org-cdlatex-mode?

Alessandro