Re: How to jump with ediff

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to jump with ediff
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:38:24 -0400

> Stefan, thank you, but you loose me. What is a "control window"? I'm
> running ediff in emacs. With the Mx-ediff command Emacs displays two
> vertical windows. One displays one file and the other window displays
> the other file. There is no "Ediff control window" that I can see.

Hmm... you're supposed to get a third window (normally shown in
a small separate Emacs frame) showing a buffer called "*Ediff Control
Panel*".  The modeline doesn't show the buffer name, tho.  And the frame
is quite small, something line 2 lines by 20 columns or so (one line is
the mode line which just shows how many diffs were found).

        Stefan