Re: How to jump with ediff

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: How to jump with ediff
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:48:08 -0400

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 02:38:24PM -0400, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> > Stefan, thank you, but you loose me. What is a "control window"? I'm
> > running ediff in emacs. With the Mx-ediff command Emacs displays two
> > vertical windows. One displays one file and the other window displays
> > the other file. There is no "Ediff control window" that I can see.
>
> Hmm... you're supposed to get a third window (normally shown in
> a small separate Emacs frame) showing a buffer called "*Ediff Control
> Panel*".  The modeline doesn't show the buffer name, tho.  And the frame
> is quite small, something line 2 lines by 20 columns or so (one line is
> the mode line which just shows how many diffs were found).
>
>         Stefan

You enouraged me to look a bit further and sure enough. I run emacs FS
and so never think of anything under except a few old terminals. But I
now see that there is an ediff a window under emacs. Here the p and
nxxt commands do work, and the movement in one file is synced with
that of the other. So my appended question was answered as well. Thank
you.

Haines