Display info nodes names in tabs.

From: Alexandros Prekates
Subject: Display info nodes names in tabs.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 07:33:48 +0000

Greetings.

My system:
I have Emacs 27.1 in a Devuan distro.

My issue:
Opening info buffers they get the name *info*<X>
That is displayed in the tabs.
In the mode line we see  *info*<X> (node filename).
I'd like to be able to see in the tabs the node filename.

What i have found:
M-x rename-buffer  will change the buffer name
both in mode line and in tabs.
So this is a solution but with the drawback that
the moment i visit a new info node i have a wrong name.

I've also read  M-x info-display-manual.
With a prefix argument you can select from your
opened info nodes seeing their names so that
helps but with the drawback of having to execute
the command each time you want to switch to an info node.
But with a dozen info nodes that is needed.

Alexandros