Re: Emacs uses "global" compiler instead of embedded

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs uses "global" compiler instead of embedded
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:16:53 -0400

>> Regardless of the workaround you will hopefully find here, I'd urge you
>> to `M-x report-emacs-bug` to try and make sure the problem gets fixed in
>> future releases.
>
> How can we possibly solve a problem caused by mis-configuration of the
> user's system?

I don't know: the description he gave suggests that the Emacs package he
installed included a GCC ("embedded"), in which case that package should
make sure that Emacs uses this bundled GCC rather than any other GCC
that may be found on the system.

But maybe I simply misunderstood what he meant by:

    I mean, Emacs uses the "global" gcc (along with the libraries) which
    I have in the PATH environment variable, instead of which it has in
    the embedded package (the /bin subdirectory)."

-- Stefan