Re: Repeating timers and suspending the computer

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Repeating timers and suspending the computer
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:28:26 +0100

On 2022-12-15, at 07:11, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:13:37 +0100

>> > That's the idea, yes.
>>
>> Thanks.  Any ideas how to rephrase the manual so that it is unambiguous?
>
> I'm not sure I see why that matters.

If after careful rereading of the manual you still do not understand
what the command should do, that indicates a bug in the manual, which
you should report. The manual’s job is to make everything clear to
people who are not Emacs experts—including you. It is just as important
to report documentation bugs as program bugs.

(https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Bug-Criteria.html)

I agree that it is not extremely important, but an unclear manual is
still a bug, right?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski