Re: Odd problem with KDE, desktop switching and window focus

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Odd problem with KDE, desktop switching and window focus
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 04:45:35 +0100

Björn Bidar <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de> writes:

> Hey,
>
> Did you change the focus settings in KDE/Kwin? There's an option to
> change the window wherever the mouse cursor is one.

I know, but no, I didn't. The only KDE setting that is related is a
couple of Windows Shortcuts (keyboard shortcuts for activating a given
window.) For the case at hand, they are not involved with this problem,
I checked after removing them.

> Not sure that this even affects this however try to follow back the
> changes that you did recently.
>
> Like did to update Emacs, did you update KDE and so on.

AFAIR, the problem started with the upgrade to Plasma 5.26.

As stated on my reply to Po Lu, it is triggered by the presence of this
line in .emacs.el:

(setq frame-title-format (concat "Emacs: %b %+%+ %f @ " (system-name)))

The problem also happens if I evaluate that form on emacs -Q *scratch*,
and disappears once the value of frame-title-format is reverted to its
original value.

Somehow the resulting title is special for KDE. Hence my question is
goes mostly to other KDE users.