Re: Where to get language definition for bash tree-sitter?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Where to get language definition for bash tree-sitter?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:11:00 +0200

> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:05:11 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> I got these after compiling:
>
>   -rw-r--r-- 1 476K Dec 28 11:32 parser.o
>   -rw-r--r-- 1 6.7K Dec 28 11:32 scanner.o
>
> How do I link them?
>
> gcc -shared maybe, but I know gcc just like you know Org.

I don't know exactly how to do that on your system, and don't want to
get you in trouble with stuff you aren't familiar with.  Sorry.
Perhaps someone else will be able to help.

(In general, if you don't know how to build a shared library on your
system, my recommendation would be to wait for your distro to offer
these grammar libraries ready to install.  No disaster will happen if
you delay experiencing tree-sitter and the features it supports until
your distro provides that.)