Re: Latex superscripts, subscripts and curly braces

From: Hans Lonsdale
Subject: Re: Latex superscripts, subscripts and curly braces
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 22:57:26 +0100 (CET)

Yes.  After editing the source I would like to see a hint of how things would
look like, and also
to make it easy for me to follow the latex code itself.  I also use it in
conjunction with prettify-symbols.

> What do you input then, exactly?

For instance, consider

{\begin{aligned}
\langle \psi _{{jk}},\psi _{{lm}}\rangle
&=  \int _{{-\infty }}^{\infty }\psi _{{jk}}(x)\overline {\psi _{{lm}}(x)}dx\\
&= \delta _{{jl}}\delta _{{km}}
\end{aligned}}

I would not like to have the  _  and  {}  showing in  the expression  \psi_{jk}

> > But for industrial applications ...

In industrial applications, equations are customarily very terse' with lot of
spaces wasted printing  _  ^   {  }

Where the font change and height placement make it obvious whether something is
superscript or subscript,
and what things are being grouped together with  {}.

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email