Re: printing with paps

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: printing with paps
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:18:28 +0300

* Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> [2023-01-07 15:51]:
> I successfully downloaded paps with
> git,
> but I had to install git first.

Of course.

> gfp@Tuxedo ~$ git clone https://github.com/dov/paps.git
> Klone nach 'paps'...
> remote: Enumerating objects: 551, done.
> remote: Counting objects: 100% (81/81), done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (55/55), done.
> remote: Total 551 (delta 41), reused 51 (delta 24), pack-reused 470
> Empfange Objekte: 100% (551/551), 364.55 KiB | 434.00 KiB/s, fertig.
> Löse Unterschiede auf: 100% (315/315), fertig.
>
> there are som many git packages, which one are still useful to
> install?

I would say try to focus getting printing done.

Software out there is so many, so always focus on what you really need
in your life.

Interest in software may waste decades of life, and you forget to do
your life.

> I am using "GNU Guix" as my OS distro.

I can't say that is distribution for beginners. There is also Guix
mailing list where you can write and ask for help on how to install
packages.

> I copied the downloaded directory "pags" into my emacs directory,
> where emacs is installed.

I do not know nothing about "pags" and maybe you meant "paps". But
that is not the way to install it.

I explained, you could install it in your home directory with

$ configure --prefix=~/.local/share
$ make
$ make install

> In my case:
>
> /gfp/.config/emacs/elpa/
> But now I didn't manage to install it.

That is not place to install system command "paps". That is directory
which Emacs uses to install Emacs packages, but "paps" program is not
Emacs package. I have made Emacs package for it.

> Earlier on  I installed paps through Guix System.
>
> The command:
>
> paps --help
>
> worked already earlier in my terminal

OK but that version may be outdated one.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman