Re: PSGML broken?

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: PSGML broken?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 21:17:34 +0100

Hello!

Le lun. 9 janv. 2023 à 20:52, Ulrich Deiters <ulrich.deiters@gmx.de> a
écrit :

> Greetings!
>
> I have recently upgraded to Emacs 27.2 (under openSUSE Leap 15.4)

I can't believe that Emacs 27.2 was released less than two years ago. :)

> and
> find that the "markup menus" (which let me select XML/SGML tags as well
> as tag options depending on the context.
>
> PSGML is installed on my computer, but I do not see it in the list
> of installable packages any longer.

> Shift-F10 merely invokes the drop-down menus from the menu bar (e.g.,
> the "File" menu).
>
> The Emacs Wiki on PSGML (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PsgmlMode)
> mentions the Marmalade repository as well as the main PSGML page;
> both links are dead.

If that was the case, you would probably have to find a new package to do
the same job.

Fortunately, it looks like the package is now also hosted on GNU Elpa:
http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/psgml.html and that link won't die. The
package also received an update in the past two weeks, so it is still
maintained.

It should be installable out of the box, so it is strange that you don't
see it in the list of installable packages.

What steps do you use to produce that list?

Can you try it with a fresh emacs (started with emacs -q)?

Best wishes,
Thibaut