Re: Error does not throw to debugger in 'when' block

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Error does not throw to debugger in 'when' block
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 12:26:27 +0100

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> Just pasted the above defun in scratch buffer, in emacs with -Q option, then
> C-x C-e, and run with M-x. Nothing special.
>
> I have observed later, that it correctly exits from the execution of
> defun, if I
> add more code after the 'when' form. It just does not end up in the
> debug buffer.

It's still unclear from your words what you do and what you expect.

For M-x new-patch to enter the debugger you need to enable
`debug-on-error'.  I see the expected behavior: I get a debugger when
the option is enabled.

For C-x C-e you need to eval a form that raises an error.  Also that
works as expected: evaluating the defun doesn't raise an error as
expected.

Michael.