Question about package dependencies from github

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Question about package dependencies from github
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 13:11:41 +0200

Hi all, I'm developing a package. It depends on several other packages,
some of them aren't in melpa and/or are my own fork in github with some
modifications. What is the current convention in terms of introducing
them in a package?

I'm using quelpa + use-package in the form of:

(use-package X
   :quelpa (X :fetcher github
              :repo "daniel/X"))

But even without use-package I can have

(quelpa '(X :fetcher github :repo "daniel/X"))

Maybe something else like el-get? Or maybe just put all the packages in
the project as git submodules?

--
Daniel Fleischer