Re: (*) -> 1

From: Anders Munch
Subject: Re: (*) -> 1
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 09:02:11 +0000

Michael Heerdegen:
>> Jean Louis: ..
> Sorry to be direct like this, but what you are doing had been quite
> unfriendly for a while now.

Being the only one who holds an opinion is not an unfriendly act.

The thread goes on because so many other people feel they ought to be able to
convince him.
Just make peace with the idea that you won't convince him, and any perceived
unfriendliness will stop.

> You don't listen to [...] what people write.
And the people who keep making analogies, instead of focusing on the Lisp
functions, are not listening to what Jean Louis writes.
The thread seems perfectly courteous to me, but if you must critique the tone,
try applying the same critical eye to the people that you agree with.

> You don't [...] understand what people write.
Not understanding is not an unfriendly act.

regards, Anders