Re: Another question about lambdas

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Another question about lambdas
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:47:00 +0100

tomas wrote:

> When I try to explain that, one of the devices I use is the
> idea of "space" (static) vs. "time" (dynamic). It sticks
> with some people.

What about just explaining the the dynamic `let' and the lexical
(static) let? Theory doesn't help IME.

With the lexical `let', those variables stay _here_ ...

Unless they are already dynamic/special.

Don't see any other use case of dynamic/special variables than
options, but then isn't it that they are _global_ and now set
temporarily to whatever value for the duration of the scope
defined by the opening and closing parenthesis?

So one should drop the talk of dynamic/special vs
lexical/static and instead have one `locals' (with the same
syntax and as let, but always lexical/static, even for
dynamic/special ones) and then one `options', also with the
same syntax, to set globals for a limited scope.

That covers the global variables and the local ones so what's
more to cover?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal