Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:52:17 -0500

Being keyboardcentric enhances productivity over mouse users.  Time and
motion studies in the area of production organization and management have
proved that.  Keyboardcentric impairs useability for the teddy bears on
wall paper set that barely use keyboards and get confused when they have
to use an interface without eye candy.  The favoring of mouse and eye
candy interfaces ended up making a very bad career for me working for the
Government as a screen reader user and java script was no help either.
emacspeak on a computer is in the Smithsonian and it's a screen reading
environment that uses emacs as its base and that was in the Smithsonian in
1995 if I have my time lines correct.  Windows accessibility started
getting better when nvda became available but Windows most assuredly was
not accessible even for jaws until a correct jaws.jcf file got written so
jaws could have a chance at being able to work with windows.  For many
years it wasn't possible for totally blind users of windows to install it
until several iterations of narrator arrived and narrator is worse than
jaws in terms of features.  Had everyone gone forward with emacs or emacs
with emacspeak rather than windows there'd likely be lots more totally
blind programmers employed these days.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.