Re: package for Email

From: Milan Glacier
Subject: Re: package for Email
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:09:21 -0500

On 01/19/23 01:08, John Haman wrote:

I use Gnus, and like others have said, with some configuration, it is
very nice. I use nnimap backend with fastmail accounts, and it is indeed
fast. I like that I don't have to download all my email on every
computer. And I like reading my mails, nntp, web feeds in one place. My
gnus settings are more portable than my tbird settings.

I don't recommend Gnus unless you have a lot of time to configure Emacs
and don't do any business/HTML email.

I think reading business email is okay for plain text based MUA. Usually
business email has alternative plain text form which is readable. And if
you want to compose HTML email, you can write orgmode emails and then
converted it to HTML (this is done by package: org-msg).