Re: help in writing function to pop indirect buffer

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: help in writing function to pop indirect buffer
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 19:30:35 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> [2023-01-25 14:16]:
>> This almost works, but when the indirect buffer is popped, I do not
>> have syntax highlight while I have indentation and apparently all the
>> other Perl things.
>> How can I turn on syntax highlight?
>
> I can see error:
> Not enabling jit-lock: it does not work in indirect buffer
>
> but how to solve it, I do not know.

I'm getting the same warning, but fontification seems to work and is
updated in both buffers.

In case it matters, I'm using:
   GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
   version 1.17.6) of 2023-01-24

Did you try using a bare emacs ? (emacs -Q)

> I find great what you are doing.

Me too. I've never used indirect buffers, but, your function looks very
useful to focus on several small parts of huge files.

Thanks!

Bruno