The order of the headers in Message Mode is peculiar!

From: rameiko87
Subject: The order of the headers in Message Mode is peculiar!
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:20:19 +0000

I read on https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322.html#section-3.6 that the order of the headers does not matter when sending emails. But I can't explain why Message Mode defaults to the following order when crafting a new emails:

given that the default value of message-header-format-alist is different! Is there any reason for this order (and where is such order decided?), and do you agree that the default order of the headers appearing after C-x m should be the default value of the variable message-header-format-alist ?