Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11 Enterprise)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:32:33 +0100

> But in case they aren't known, explanation follows:

> Ezwinports is Emacs maintainer Eli Zaretskii's old port of linux/unix
> command line tools to windows:
>  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/efaq-w32/EZWinPorts.html

> Do these still work for 64bit windows?
> Are they recommended over GnuWin32?
> Are they deprecated for GnuWin32?

Ezwinports is newer and more maintained than GnuWin32, at least if I am
to judge from the README.txt
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/

The README.txt file was updated on Januar 19 2024 and mentions 2021
early on.

So I'll try ezwinports (unless somebody brings something newer to the table?).