help-gnu-music

Re: Importing Lilypond output

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: Importing Lilypond output
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:42:44 +0100 (MET)

> This is a problem with all TeX generated postscript files.
> Once, I made a large poster using LaTeX and wanted to
> import the Postscript file into Adobe Illustrator since
> that's the tool used at the print shop. It failed completely,
> even though Adobe invented Postscript and presumably should
> know how to interpret the language.

So what should I conclude: that TeX produces nonstandard postscript code
or that Adobe does not implement its own standards properly? Your phrasing
suggests the latter is the case, but how do I know (I am not an expert, I
am just asking)? All unix tools do know how to handle TeX output but that
does not convince me since I also understand that with many Microsoft
products you can use and produce HTML code quite different from the W3C
standards; and in that case `we' (unix users) blame MS. Maybe a dangerous
analogy.

David Boersma
Amsterdam