help-gnu-music

sustain pedal notation

From: Michael Vanier
Subject: sustain pedal notation
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:27:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm writing a piece of piano music and I want to know how to notate the
sustain pedal in Lilypond.  I know about \sustaindown and \sustainup but
they use the older notation ("Ped" for down and "*" for up), and what I
want is the notation wherein you have a single line under the music, which
is notched when the pedal goes up and down i.e.

down          up

or

down       up/down         up

Is there a way to do this in Lilypond?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Vanier     address@hidden
Department of Computation and Neural Systems, Caltech 216-76
GNU/Linux: We can't lose; we're on a mission from God.