help-gnu-music

Defining of variables

From: Schweikert, Martin {POYD~Kaiseraugst}
Subject: Defining of variables
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:01:00 +0200

Hi!

I have a piece of choir music for 5 voices.

Now I would like to \transpose the voices. This works fine, but I would like to
avoid writing 5 times the same \transpose statement.

It would be handier to be able to define a variable, and put this variable into
the \transpose statement.

I tried

goal = "bes"
... \transpose \goal ...

but this does not work.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichem Gruss
Martin Schweikert
--
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.   Division Pharmaceuticals
IT Service Unit Basel       DOCUMENTUM Services