help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] More newbie help.

From: John Morris
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] More newbie help.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:04:37 -0500

Howdy!  This question sounds like many of the others posted already,
but I haven't yet figured out the answer.

I'm using an AS-2000 here at the office and trying to get it to work
with gnu-radiusd.  It doesn't work with PAM, though Auth-Type Accept
works fine.

The problem looks something like others' questions about the trailing
'/', but so far I don't understand the significance of that.  :)

Oh, yeah, what's that 'CLID unknown' business about?

Thanks for your help!

       JMan

Here's what I've got:

users file:
  DEFAULT Auth-Type = Pam
          Service-Type = Framed-User,
                  Framed-Protocol = PPP

clients file:
  as2000-itofc            <sharedkey>

naslist:
  as2000-itofc            as-itofc        false

>From the logs:

(this is from the AS-2000)
Sep 25 13:35:47: Auth: Login incorrect: [jman/] CLID unknown (from nas as-itofc)

(this is from radauth on the radius server)
Sep 25 13:46:34: Auth: Login OK: [jman] CLID unknown (from nas cliff)