help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] help with Vendor-Specific

From: Judith A. Young
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] help with Vendor-Specific
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:09:56 -0500

I have install gnu-radius-0.96.4 on a solaris 2.8 machine.  The network
user is authenticated but we don't want the user to be able to access
the switch and currently, they can.  The NAS is running ExtremeWare
6.2.2.  In the Extreme Ware manual, they instruct that the following
line be added to the RADIUS server dictionary.

Extreme:Extreme-Netlogin-Only=Enabled

"A netlogin-only enabled user can only log in using Network Login and
cannot access the switch using the same login."

I am working with a network admin and am told that the vendor id for
Extreme is 1916.  I have attempted to make an include file for this
attribute value pair.  But not sure I know what I'm doing.  Also, I am
at a loss as to what role the Vendor-Specific attribute plays in all
this.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Judy A. Young
EIU Technical Support