help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] 1 account that will work with either PAP and CHAP usi

From: gnuradius-for-chris
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] 1 account that will work with either PAP and CHAP using MySQL
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:12:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.

I'm using gnu-radius in FreeBSD with MySQL 4.x.

Everything is mostly working great.  If I put a plaintext password
into the password field of the database, I can authenticate only using
CHAP.  If I encrypt the password using DES, I can authenticate only
using PAP.

My question is...is there a way to setup one account so that it can
login via CHAP or PAP?  The way I have it setup now, the user needs to
use either CHAP or PAP, depending on whether we do or do not have the
password encrypted, respectively.

If there is any way to allow the user to use either protocol, I would
very much like to know how to set it up.  I was thinking that there
would be an extra field in the table.  The encrypted password would go
in the existing field and the plaintext password in the new field.
radiusd would then have to know (via sqlserver?) how to pick out the
plaintext password for the CHAP-Password attribute...

Any ideas?  Thanks...!

-Chris

--
Chris Tracy <address@hidden>