help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] alternative way to campare check attributes

From: Oleg Gawriloff
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] alternative way to campare check attributes
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:02:53 +0300

Hello!

We have very complex users file setup with 19 DEFAULT blocks, describing
different type of NASes/types of access. During user login radius-server
make 19 check_attr queries to our postgresql server. With more than 400
users, trying to access simultaneosly we have very heavy load on our DB
server. Is there any way to cache results of check_attr query for single
access-request packet? Currently we forced to implement all attributes
checking in postgresql stored procedures (i.e. check_attr_quesy looks like
select attr,value,op from some_stored_procedure(<access-request packet
attribute list>)) and users file have only one default block:
DEFAULT    Auth=SQL
                     NULL

With best regards, Oleg Gawriloff.