help-gnuastro

Re: [help-gnuastro] GNU Astro configure error - missing WCSLIB component

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: [help-gnuastro] GNU Astro configure error - missing WCSLIB component
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 23:47:11 +0200

Hi again Duane,

Sorry I just noticed I forgot to answer your question about the nature of this `make check' failure.

It will just cause some inconvenience for those who want to use Gnuastro's BuildProgram program. It is a program for easily using Gnuastro's library on one's own C programs. It is described fully here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/BuildProgram.html

Due to this bug in Gnuastro 0.5, people using BuildProgram have to add the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS that you added to your configure script to their calls of BuildProgram (or put it in their configuration files).

So I wouldn't call it a serious bug. But of course, now that it is fixed in the newer version (along with many other bugs and new features), I would recommend simply using the newer version ;-).

Cheers,
Mohammad