help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] HOWTO configure gnubatch to send email

From: John Collins (Xi Software Ltd)
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] HOWTO configure gnubatch to send email
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:50:30 +0100

On 18/05/13 06:55, andrew warshaver wrote:
IIRC, an email goes out by default to the username that created the job, using the default domain on the host machine.  You can also change this behavior if you wish:

Add this line to your /usr/local/etc/gnubatch.conf
MAILER:/usr/local/bin/my-gbch-mailer

Where you write the script my-gbch-mailer, I believe the first line of input will be the job name, and then the text will follow.  You can just log it to disk here or w/e else you prefer.

Andrew

Here is an example of a very simple script so that the mail headers look sensible - I'll put it in the manuals which I am just in the process of converting to Latex (and correcting a gazillion errors as I go).

As above but with "my-gbch-mailer" the following script:

#! /bin/sh

(echo To: $1
cat)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t

Don't forget you can handle mails differently for each user by having MAILER=/my/own/private/mail/script in ~/.gnubatch but the version I'll be creating when I've finished hacking the manuals will also use ~/.gbch/gnubatch1 everywhere so you don't read ~/.gnubatch twice if you run things from the home directory. If you go to the repository it does it now. (It still looks at the old files if they're there).

--
John Collins address@hidden Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com

Phone: +44 (0)1707 886110 Home Phone: +44 (0)1707 883174
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 387247 (address@hidden)

Trading Address 3 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JT, UK

Registered in England Company Number 01977148 VAT GB 403 9239 64 R/O: 2 Mill Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 8BD