help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] (newb) Plotting output

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] (newb) Plotting output
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:20:24 -0700

On Thursday 22 July 2004 08:58 am, Russell Shaw wrote:

> I've just tried gnucap and gnuplot.
>
> The output table from gnuplot is like:
>
>   10.K       0.74025   -2.6125
>   12.589K    0.81827   -1.7421
>   15.849K    0.87684   -1.1416
>   19.953K    0.91847   -0.73871
>
> in gnuplot, i did:  plot "hpf.dat" using 1:2
>
> however, gnuplot seems to ignore the K multiplier
> in the first column.

I'm not positive, but I don't think gnuplot can parse the multiplier in
question.

Instead, you'll need to use the Basic option in gnucap, to force
scientific notation output.  See section 1.5 of the user manual.

It may even be the case that if you use the ">" redirect for print
output, it defaults to the Basic style output, but I'm not sure of this
offhand.

-Johnathan