help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] model and gnucap

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] model and gnucap
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:20:21 -0400

On Friday 01 October 2004 11:07 am, Hector Miuler Malpica
Gallegos wrote:
> * GNUCAP - NETLIST
> .options OUT=120
> *----------------------------------------------
> R_Rc1 1 3 4k
> V_Vc1 3 0 dc 10
> V_Vb1 2 0 dc 0.5
> Q_Q1 1 4 0 NPN
> R_Rb1 2 4 1k
> *----------------------------------------------
> .print tran  v(1)
> .tran 0 0.005 5e-05
> .print op v(nodes)
> .op
> .end
>

> error:
> Q_Q1: can't find model: NPN
>

> mmm....   , how I can add models?  I must compile?

No.  Just add a ".model" statement to your file.  You need to
supply the parameters.  The manual isn't clear on this.  All
semiconductor devices require a ".model" statement in addition
to the device (Q...) line.  One ".model" line can be used by as
many instances as you want,

In the netlist section (before any action commands) add the
line:

.model NPN NPN

This will take all the default parameters.  You can set the
parameters,  See the manual for a list of the parameters you
can set.  It is Spice compatible.