help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] Models and distortion

From: Mark Aitchison
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Models and distortion
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:59:55 +1300

I am going to need to analyse circuits for distortion (where the distortion will be very low), and I appreciate that simulations are never going to be as accurate as building the circuit, but how good should gnucap be with predicting distortion in bipolar and jfet circuits? (When compared with other cirecuit emulators, and with real life?). I presume it is going to depend a lot on the quality of the
transistor models - how good are the ones gnucap can use, in general?