help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] measure current through NPN

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] measure current through NPN
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:04:09 -0400

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 14:20, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> can anybody tell me how i can print the current through a npn.
>
> I tried,
> print dc i(Q1 1 2)
> dc
>
> but this seems to be a wrong syntax.
> How can i examine the Input and the Output Pins from the NPN Transistor?

Which current do you want?

ic(q1)  current into the collector
ib(q1)  current into the base
ie(q1)  current into the emitter

ice(q1) collector to emitter current (not including ipi or imu)
ipi(q1) base to emitter junction current
imu(q1) base to collector junction current

You can also probe the internal elements that make up the model:
i(Cbx.q1)  external base to collector current due to junction capacitance
i(Cbc.q1)  internal base to collector current due to junction capacitance
i(Ccs,q1)  substrate to collector current due to junction capacitance
i(Cbe.q1) base to emitter current due to due to junction capacitance
i(Cbcp.q1) base to collector current due to parasitic capacitance
i(Cbep.q1) base to emiter current due to parasitic capacitance
i(Cbs.q1) base to substrate current due to parasitic capacitance

Check the manual.  It's under the BJT (type Q) in the circuit description
chapter.