help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] [Fwd: [Fwd: Open node in transistor circuit]]

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] [Fwd: [Fwd: Open node in transistor circuit]]
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:38:22 +0100

Hi all,

First of all, sorry about "big" delay to answer, I was a time which I
don't work on these practice.

And, I having some issue with this list, mails don't become to my
account, but comes to the list.

O.K, go to the problem.

Al Davis wrote on 11 October 2006:

> On Thursday 28 September 2006 12:45, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
>> I'm simulating a circuit with a transistor. When I change the
>> value of power supply I get a "open circuit:internal node".
>>
>> The circuit runs well on ngspice, I don't know about what I
>> doing bad.
>
> It works for me.
>
> That "open circuit" message isn't always a problem.  It means
> there was a matrix singularity, which could be during iteration
> and not a final result.
>
> "open circuit" means that there is a high impedance at a node,
> so high that it is impossible to calculate a voltage.  For
> example, think of two capacitors in series.  What is the DC
> voltage at the junction?  it's unknown!
>
> I don't see anything like that for your circuit, but when not
> converged anything can happen.

Well, I don't explained well the problem. Circuit doesn't simulate,
output file is 0 size or the waves output hold the same value after a time.

I attach a session file which you can see the problem.

I try to download gnucap cvs version but I can't find it, where I can to
obtain it?

I remember you that my gnucap version is that Debian Sid version have:

ii  gnucap                              0.35-1

Thanks for your attention.

Please, send me a copy in your answer, the list issue....

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.