help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Graphics output

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Graphics output
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:13:29 +0200

Hello all,

Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 03:26:27PM +0200, Per Bull Holmen wrote:
>> [...]

>> What do you others recommend for graphics output,
>> installing gEDA? Or have I missed some settings in
>> gnucap/shell? I would like to have a simple solution
>
> gtkwave or gnuplot or GNU R. Depends on what you want to do.  If you want to
> browse like oscilloscope, gtkwave. If you want calibrated graticules and
> pretty
> graphs, gnuplot. If you want graphing together with further numerical analysis
> (frequency spectrum of impulse response, statistical distributions etc., GNU
> R.

Here are another suggest (take from this list time ago): octave.

Octave is a mathematical app.

It allow you operate with our data output, for example an average power
consumption graphic:

---------- average wave ---------
function retval = media_de_una_onda (v)
 retval = 0;
 if (nargin !=1)
  usage ("media_de_una_onda (vector)");
 endif
 if (isvector(v))
   retval=linspace(0,0,length(v))';
   %
   % Se crea retval con la longitud de v
   % Se hace la transpuesta ya que linspace
   % crea columnas y no filas.
   %
   retval(1,1)=v(1,1);
   suma_int=v(1,1);
   %
   % Para la primera vez no se necesita
   % ningún bucle, despues lo que vamos
   % haciendo es ir sumando los valores
   % anteriores y haciendo la media.
   %
   i=2;
   while (i <= length(v))
    suma_int=v(i,1) + suma_int
    retval(i,1) = suma_int/i;
    i++;
   endwhile
 else
   error ("media_de_una_onda: El argumento debe ser un vector")
 endif
endfunction
----------- end of average wave --------

Sorry for spanish comment.

You can operate with data output applying all mathematical expression
you need; for example get a graphic compare "real wave" with "teorical
wave".

But in my "must list" I need a app that can get graphics with sign point
more fast that I obtain with Octave.

I was looking for it with no success, but in the way I found Kjwaves
[0]. Kjwaves is a front-end for spice engine and have a representation
window. In last conversation with Kurt Peters (developer of Kjwaves), he
 shows interest for make a better support for Gnucap. Took a look for
it, perhaps Kurt should do some advances.

Regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.

Ps: Sorry about for my very bad english.

[0] http://www.comefly.us/
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.