help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Simple simulation, cannot get "generator" to work

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Simple simulation, cannot get "generator" to work
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:39:30 +0200

Sorry for the late reply - I responded to this post earlier, but didn't notice that it was going to John only. Here my response again to the mailing list:

John Vodden schrieb:

>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Are you sure that you are only changing the frequency? This is the sort
> of output you often get if you choose a simulation timestep that is vastly too
> long for the simulation, for instance longer than the period of the
> signal that you are trying to reproduce.

Yes, I really only changed the frequency.

However, you were exactly right with your assumption that the simulation timestamp was too long. I chose (shame on me) 0.01 seconds which yields a maximum sensible signal frequency of 50 Hz. That the 4,7 kHz worked was probably just some aliasing effect.

Thanks for the pointer...

Kind regards,
Johannes