help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] Voltage Controlled Resistor Problem

From: Aurelio Cano
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Voltage Controlled Resistor Problem
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:19:08 +0100

Hi all,

First I have to say that I am starting with gnucap and maybe I will say some stupid thing.

Well, I want to build a current controlled resistor using the voltage controlled resistor circuit. First I establish a linear relationship between the input voltage and the resistor through a table (1V->1k, 2V->2k,...). Then, I put a current source (1mA) in the output nodes to measure the voltage in it.

My code is:

Gnucap 0.35
The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
Never trust any version less than 1.0
Copyright 1982-2006, Albert Davis
Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions
according to the GNU General Public License.
See the file "COPYING" for details.
gnucap> build

>.model vvsr table 0,0k,1,1k order=1
>G1 a 0 VCR b 0 vvsr
>.VCR Ve a 0 b 0 vvsr
>Vi b 0 1
>Io 0 a 1m

gnucap> print dc v(a)
gnucap> dc Vi 0 10 1
#           v(a)
 0.         5.n
 1.         0.5
 2.         1.
 3.         1.5
 4.         2.
 5.         2.5
 6.         3.
 7.         3.5
 8.         4.
 9.         4.5
 10.        5.
gnucap>
As you can see in the results of the simulation, the voltages in the output nodes are only half of I expected, for example, for Vi=5 I expected Va=5V (R=5k) and I obtain Va=2.5.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and sorry for my english...