help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] level 3 model problem: @@@unreachable:u_limit.h:110:fet_li

From: Philipp Klaus Krause
Subject: [Help-gnucap] level 3 model problem: @@@unreachable:u_limit.h:110:fet_limit_vgs
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:45:11 +0200

I'm rather new to gnucap, so this could be a user error, but:

I've seen the following problem three times:
gnucap just outputs lots of @@@unreachable:u_limit.h:110:fet_limit_vgs
messages (and a R1.X1: RTEMP: effective length is negative or zero
warning before). Each time it occoured using level 3 models (and I don't
remember not seing the problem when using level 3 models). I've tested
on two different machines, both running Debian.

I have attached a sample to reproduce the problem:

Run gnucap -b pindriver3_vcc_to_pin.sim

In this case the problem seems to be with the Si1539P.

Philipp

P.S.: When I replace the 0.25 Ohm resistor using a model that causes the
warning, by an ordinary 0.25 Ohm or 1 Ohm resistor gnucap just prints a
"did not converge" and hangs (Ctrl-C still works).