help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Modal analysis using gnucap

From: Jasper
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Modal analysis using gnucap
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:38:39 +0200

Hello Al,

Thank you for your reply. I think I've been working in a similar
direction. I now import the output from the gnucap AC analysis into
Matlab. From there I do a curve fit according to this algorithm (which
I had from before):

http://www.ece.ucsb.edu/~roy/classnotes/234/McKelvey_TAC96_fdsubspace.pdf

>From the resulting system I can obtain the poles and zeros. What
remains now is the mode shapes. I cannot derive them from the fitted
system, since all physical information is lost. Maybe it's possible to
excite the system at the pole frequencies, the resulting response
should be similar to the mode shape. But the forced excitation will
influence the result I think.

If I understand correctly, the AC circuit analysis is not based on a
state-space from of the differential equations? Up until now I have
been using state-space equations for the circuits, similar to what is
described here:

http://www.profjrwhite.com/system_dynamics/sdyn/s3/ex3_6/ex3_6.html

Best regards,

Jasper