help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Bug? convergence problem?

From: gserdyuk
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Bug? convergence problem?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:58:10 +0200

Hello Orestes,

likely that is relaxed convergence criterion. Opamp is very sensitive
to that stuff.

add

.options abstol=1.e-15

and it will fix this issue.

if you will make DC step finer - result will be the same (no peak).

regards
Gena

OM> Hello,

OM> I'm facing a weird result when I simulate a simple inverter amplifier built
OM> around an operational amplifier. Basically I'm trying to obtain the input-
OM> output transfer characteristic (for educational purposes), but if the number
OM> of points in the DC command is low, I obtain an spurious peak at the output.

OM> The circuit is:

OM> -------
OM> .INCLUDE uA741.model
OM> Vcc 4 0 DC 15
OM> Vdd 0 5 DC 15
OM> vg 1 0 DC 2.5
OM> R1 1 2 2.2k
OM> R2 2 3 15k
OM> X1 0 2 4 5 3 uA741
OM> .PRINT DC v(3)
OM> .DC vg -5 5 0.5
OM> .END
OM> ---------

OM> If you simulate that you'll see an output peak of -17V for the Vg=2.5V
input.

**********>>>> NOTE: Using the "OP" command yelds the correct solution (or a