help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error

From: Andy Fierman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:40:03 +0100

I'm not experienced with Gnucap so please excuse me if this is nonsense.

Is the

DVnoise.X1, Dvnoise is not a .model

part of the error message is trying to tell you that the line under

***Voltage Noise Generation

DVnoise 501     0       Dvnoise

is confusing the parsing process (not sure if that's the right
terminology but I hope you get the idea)?

Maybe the net name "DVnoise" at the start of the line is being read as
the diode component "Dvnoise". This could cause a problem.

If Gnucap is case sensitive when reading netlists then a component
called DVnoise would not be the same as Dvnoise and so the .model
Dvnoise would not be seen as applying to the wrongly identified
DVnoise component.

Cheers,

         Andy.