help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Help-gnucap Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Help-gnucap Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 17:41:23 +0100

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 04:50:53PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> - Gnucap writes the output correctly
> - It does process it well
> - I tried to add a while(!EOF) and while(!fileIsStillOpenElsewhere)
> ... but didn't really solved the issue.

curious. looks like an issue with the | option...  afaics the main
difference between > and | is the line
IO::stream[static_cast<int>(fileno(to_pipe))] = to_pipe;
in io_contr.cc

im wondering why child process and file are handled differently.
(i have no idea, what IO::stream is supposed to do -- maybe Al will
explain on gnucap-devel.)

> The issue seems to me to be that with our circuit, Gnucap takes time
> to converge to a result.
> Hence it behaves strangely with the tool.

timing is not an issue. something is closing the pipe, killing your
tool...

> That's why i wanted to know if Gnucap has some customisable
> variables so it takes less time to converge.

gnucap has some tolerances you could change. also you could exchange the
integrator (see manual). but it won't fix the problem.

> Sorry i can't tell you more, hope that (kinda) helps though

well, if it's a bug, there must be a way to reproduce it...

does tool receive the same data that is written out with ">file"?
(try to replace tool by a shellscript that does "cat > file")

regards
felix