help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Compiling for FreeBSD

From: alan somers
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Compiling for FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 21:44:11 -0600

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 5:06 PM, al davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:30:58 -0600
> alan somers <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > In lib/Make1 .. try moving globals.cc to last in the list, which for
>> > your linker will really put it first.
>>
>> Yep, that fixed it.
>>

>> > If you can think of a portable way to deal with this, let me know.
>>
>> No idea.
>
> Actually, it should still work even in the wrong order, aside from the
> error message.  Can you verify that?

No.  Here's the full error:
@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:81:install
build error: link order: dispatcher not yet constructed

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:81:install
build error: link order: dispatcher not yet constructed

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:81:install
build error: link order: dispatcher not yet constructed

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:81:install
build error: link order: dispatcher not yet constructed

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:41:DISPATCHER_BASE
build error: link order: constructing dispatcher that already has contents

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:41:DISPATCHER_BASE
build error: link order: constructing dispatcher that already has contents

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:41:DISPATCHER_BASE
build error: link order: constructing dispatcher that already has contents

@@#
@@@unreachable:../../include/l_dispatcher.h:41:DISPATCHER_BASE
build error: link order: constructing dispatcher that already has contents

gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:129: d_mos1.cc] Segmentation fault
gmake[1]: *** Deleting file 'd_mos1.cc'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/home/somers/src/gnucap/apps/O'
gmake: *** [Makefile:33: default] Error 2