help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Docs - was Re: Block order

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Docs - was Re: Block order
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:06:45 +0000

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:37:10AM +0200, Igor Wronsky wrote:
> Personally, i'd think it quite charming if we had a small
> html file of a couple of list entries, containing things
> like 'use lowercase keywords' and 'insertion comes with
> responsibilities - its not just in-and-out. Keep your
> node running!'. :D The file would consist of simple common-
> sense end-user advice, evident when you stop to think about it,
> but not so evident that ppl would behave so automatically.

 :)
 As it happens, I'm currently trying to put together a set of extra,
alternative documentation, etc for GNUnet, including an unofficial FAQ
(Yes, I did know that there's already an Official FAQ at the project
site, but I figured that maybe 2 was better than 1. If anyone thinks
doing this is a bad idea, please let me know).

 I was planning on including such a page as this at some time in
the future, but if its not just me thinking it'd be a useful doc
to have, I'll do it sooner.

 I'll post a link when there's more to look at (there's very little
right now)

BTW, I'm only gradually getting the details of v0.5's new encoding
scheme into my head. Do I understand that now, content doesn't only
migrate to other machines when it's downloaded by someone, it also
gets pushed out somehow? If so, when and how much of it?

 Tom