help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] mysql database setup

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] mysql database setup
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:27:32 -0700

Interesting, I didn't think there was much to the mysql-setup given that there
is mysql_set_permission.  I wonder why you hardwired things like "~/.my.cnf"
(where the path maybe different and can be specified in gnunetd.conf) and
then ask the user to manually delete certain files -- given gnunetd.conf and
some grep/awk-ing (or using gnunet-update's "-g" option) you should be able
to determine all of those paths and automate these bits as well. Especially
for a Debian package, that level of automation might be nice.

I'll be happy to add the script to contrib/; I just wonder if it would just
contribute to the wasteland of undocumented and largely unknown scripts
there.  Maybe we should make this one part of gnunet-update for the
0.8.0-release? (for systems running gnunet-update when migrating from
0.7.3?).

Comments? Further suggestions?

Christian