help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] I am about to give up trying - help

From: Fungilife
Subject: [Help-gnunet] I am about to give up trying - help
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:09:02 -0400

Good to find you,
Exciting project you have going which I never realized or new as much about.
I am on debian testing on amd-64 and downloaded the packages relating to gnunet and I have spent days trying to configure it together with a "friend" "neighbor" who is trying to do the same.  Basically after following all the steps in the installation neither one was able to really realize a connection to anything.
1st question is where does the file FRIENDS go and where does the gnunet-setup find it?
2nd question, is that some steps on the installation procedure resulted in "already exists" which is understandable for the difference of compiling from source or doing a sys-install.  But the last couple of steps resulted in errors.  Nevertheless in checking the gui "for friends" a whole bunch of connections seemed active, 1 showing a local address (127.0.0.1) although neither of us related to it.
3rd  Do resolvconf, avahi, samba, tor, openvpn related to problems we may be experiencing or is it something relating to system problems?  Is the debian version of gnunet outdated in a way that it may cause problems and maybe the instructions do not match the current package?

Sincerely, all help will be greatly appreciated.
Have a good day (or night)

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.