help-gnunet

New GNUNET peer (at least I hope).

From: Denis BEURIVE
Subject: New GNUNET peer (at least I hope).
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:18:17 +0100

Hello,

In an attempt to help the GNUNET project, I have installed GNUNET on a VPS hosted by OVH (51.178.50.124). This is a very small server (2Ghz, 2Gb of RAM and 20Gb SSD). However it has a public IP address, a very good bandwidth and high availability.

I have noticed a little problem while following the installation guide for Ubuntu 18.04.

When I tried to start GNUNET (gnunet-arm -s), the system could not find the shared libray "libgnunetarm.so.2".

To fix this, I just run "ldconfig".

I show you the complete scenario:

root@vps779473:~# gnunet-arm -s
gnunet-arm: error while loading shared libraries: libgnunetarm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

root@vps779473:~# locate libgnunetarm
/usr/local/lib/libgnunetarm.la
/usr/local/lib/libgnunetarm.so
/usr/local/lib/libgnunetarm.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libgnunetarm.so.2.0.0

root@vps779473:/etc/ld.so.conf.d# cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d
root@vps779473:/etc/ld.so.conf.d# cat libc.conf
# libc default configuration
/usr/local/lib
root@vps779473:/etc/ld.so.conf.d# ldconfig
root@vps779473:~# gnunet-arm -s
root@vps779473:/etc/ld.so.conf.d# ps awx | grep gnunet

Well, I don't know what GNUNET is doing right now. I'll have to dig about it later.

With my GNUNET peer, I'd like to increase the number of peers on the network (in order to make the network better).

I'll probably ask questions since I am not sure to understand all the documentation. Please note that I work as a senior UNIX developer. Thus I am accustomed to technical stuff. I may help to improve the documentation, and, if needed, translate it into French.

Regards,

Denis