help-gnunet

CADET: obtaining the channel closure

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: CADET: obtaining the channel closure
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:40:37 +0200

Hello,

I have a service which opens CADET channels when a client requests them
and "assigns" them to the client, so that each client can have a set of
multiple channels opened.  Of course clients can also request for the
associated channels to be closed.

When a channel is opened, a closure is passed to the create function
containing some local informations, like which client requested its
creation and so on.  The closure is allocated dynamically with
`GNUNET_new'.

The problem I'm facing is that since this closure is local, when it's
time to close the channel and free its associated resources, I have no
way to obtain said closure.  The handler called when a disconnect event
happens is called correctly and I'm able to clean up there, but the
documentation says that this function is not called when
`GNUNET_CADET_channel_destroy' is called, which is used by the service
to close down channels when requested or when the client disconnects.

How can I get this closure so that I can free it when the channel is
closed?

Thanks,
A.V.