help-gnunet

Re: Any peers running 0.20?

From: Kevin
Subject: Re: Any peers running 0.20?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 13:49:27 +0000

On 2023-12-18, marty1885 wrote:

Can you try adding `http://clehaxze.tw:9876/` to your hostlist provider? I've
opened mine for others to use too.
Martin

Thanks for that - it seemed to do something!

My node was able to connect and then started to upload at full speed. Simultaneously something was reading from my disk at approximately the same speed, which freaked me out and caused me to shutdown the node!

I tried starting a fresh node under a different username, which downloaded data at full speed for 10 minutes, then also started uploading at full speed, but no disk read this time. After 30 minutes I shut that down, too. It was showing 3 connections.

I'm now trying the various bandwidth configuration options, but the original node doesn't seem to want to connect anymore, even though your node is now listed by `gnunet-cadet-P`.

Is that full-speed bandwidth usage normal/expected? Do the bandwidth restriction options work?

-Kevin
--
Following the easy path, strewn with treats, is how animals end up in cages.